Figures Don't Lie

Many years ago, my Uncle Wes was listening to a political commentary on the evening news. About halfway through the piece he got up, turned the TV off and told me: "Figures don't lie but liars sure can figure" This Blog is dedicated to setting things right about a few of the numbers tossed around in today's political discussions.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota, United States

How old am I? Well, for much of my career, I had a secretary. And, my best secretary could take shorthand.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

First Entry - A Dedication

As I start the New Year off with this blog focusing on misleading use of numbers in political discourse, I am dedicating the effort to my uncle, Thomas Wesley Mason. Uncle Wes, at age 93 is still a delight to talk to and remains as sharp as ever. The oldest living veteran of the 3rd Infantry Division, he spent a full twenty years in the U.S. Army serving in the force that occupied China after World War I (yes we had military on the Chinese mainland!) as well as serving through World War II and Korea. He has many an interesting story to tell about these times - perhaps the subject of a Webography one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home